This is my telnet client for ChatZilla!. It adds the /telnet command to the ChatZilla client.
Only some, as no big features are there yet.
- Just started a telnet session
- lz CSS in full effect
The installation of it is pretty simple:
- Locate in your profile the chatzilla/scripts/ directory and create a directory telnet in it.
- Download the current version of init.js and save it in the telnet directory.
- Restart your browser or manually load the script through the /load command.
Now you have the /telnet command in the ChatZilla! client.
The abstract usage is:
Example: Connect to the PerlMonks chat gateway:
Example: Open a telnet connection/shell window to your local machine (Unix-like machines only):
Example: View the source code of this page in your irc client:
This example is, of course, silly.
Bugs & Features
- The client is line oriented
- It does not implement any terminal emulation (and propably never will)
- Whitespace at the end of lines is not (yet) stripped
- The client is just a hack on the DCC protocol/renderer